I discovered hand sewing and wool felt at the same time. I wanted to make simple toys for my baby by myself. I wanted to invest my time and love in making little figures that would soften his daily life and embellish our environment.
I fell in love with the wool feltalso known as felt, felted wool or even boiled wool. I love its warmth and softness, its flexibility and rigidity. I could easily make horses or clothes for my child's rag doll without knowing how to sew, apart from a few buttons on a jacket. I've found a joyful passion for assembling the colours of wool felt.
I chose a pure, virgin wool felt, certified Oeko-Tex 100, solid and healthy for our health and the planet. Wool is naturally anti-parasitic, anti-fungal and anti-allergenic. It is also a natural material renewable and recyclable.
Technical data for wool felt Atelier Petites Formes
- PURE VIRGIN WOOL in accordance with the "international wool secretariat".
- NON TOXIC in compliance with Oeko-Tex 100 Test no. 990585
- PRODUCT in EEC
- INCOMBUSTIBILITY according to UNE 23735 Class M1, NEN-EN-13501 Class B1
- ANTI-SHOCK level 3 in accordance with UNE-EN-ISO 12945-2-2001
- Tear resistance according to UNE-EN-ISO 13936-2 in length 2.3 in width 1.8
- SHrinkage after dry cleaning in length -1.0% in width 0.0%
- SHRINKAGE hand wash (first time) max. in length -8.0% in width max. -9.5%
- 100% RECYCLABLE
For dry dust: vacuum or brush.
In the event of stains, use a damp sponge and Marseille soap or a suitable ecological stain remover. If the wool felt toy has come into contact with a spilt glass or other liquid, blot it up immediately.
Not machine washable.
It is not recommended to wash Atelier Petites Formes toys. However, if you do have to wash a Atelier Petites Formes toy, here's my advice:
Prefer hand washing, quick, in cold water with a little Marseille soap or a special wool detergent.
Squeeze lightly to remove the water inside the wool padding.
Dry flat without spinning and in the shade.